As a groom-to-be popping the big question to your love one is tough enough, let alone having to show one of your guy friends your sensitive side. As a groom-to-be, you will be faced with many complicated decisions to make along the way, choosing the right man to stand up for you the day of your wedding may likely be a bit uncomfortable but never the less should be taken as an honor to the person being asked.
Your wedding, its a moment in your life that will forever be remembered as a special moment shared with the woman of your dreams. You will remember the celebration with friends and family of best wishers and be overjoyed with the memories of old familiar faces.
Providers! Get Noticed
A Complete Reference Guide to the Perfect Honeymoon
A Complete Reference Guide to The Perfect Honeymoon
A honeymoon is better known as a trip of a lifetime. 98 percent of the couples who get married end their wedding night by taking off to a private place whether it be a hotel or straight to the airport. This is the beginning of a wonderful and peaceful time alone with each other. A honeymoon is often planned as a getaway for relaxation and romance. The honeymoon could be an escape to a nearby lactation or a far away destination. The trip can be a few days long but most commonly a week or two.
While the honeymoon is a planned decision between both parties to decide on, the groom is often the one handling the finer details and finances.
When planning your honeymoon, be sure to book far in advance. Often once the wedding date has been set it is a good time to book your holiday to ensure you get the travel time and destination you will hope for. Depending on the time of year, travel times may in some cases be busier than others. This can interfere with your travel plans therefore, planning and booking your vacation early enough, will allow your plans to run along smoothly.
During winter and early spring, ski resorts and sunshine spots will be in there highest booking season. Travelers often decide to get away during these times of the year and so booking early will ensure you of a hassle free arrangement. During these seasons you will find yourself paying high peek prices as well, summer months are more economical and accommodations are easier to be found, often enough that rates during this time are reduced by as much as fifty percent. When considering your wedding date and your budget, its worth it to consider the advantages of an off-season month or time of year.
Determine your honeymoon style-
Honeymoons can range from a peaceful romantic getaway to a tropical location or an exotic thrill seeking adventure. For most couples a bit of both would make for the ideal location. Tropical resorts offer the romance, entertainment, and most offer exciting thrill seeking adventures as well. Couples with specific interests or hobbies book their travel destination with this in mind. A honeymoon however, is not a vacation to satisfy one person, when booking consider whether you and your partner will enjoy the activities that seem interesting to you both. Travel books can also help you to get an idea of destinations and what to expect from the resorts in those locations.
Answering some of these questions together may help you decide on the ideal trip-
- -Travel sickness?
- -Adapt easily to new surroundings?
- -Adapt easily to new cultures, food & atmosphere?
- -Dietary or medical problems?
- -Do we enjoy warm or cool climates?
- -What do we find romantic?
- -Enjoy sleeping in large hotels or small charming guest houses?
- -What is enjoyed though the day, spots, recreation, scuba diving, relaxation?
- -What is enjoyed in the evenings; entertainment, dinning, evening walks?
- -How private would you like your vacation to be away from others?
- -Do you prefer an all inclusive or pay as you go with no restrictions resort/hotel?
- -What type of a budget can you afford?
Honeymoon destination packages-
Most travel destinations will provide you with a honeymoon package which will differ between resorts. Honeymoon packages are provided to ensure a less stressful and more economical vacation. Packages often include most of the site seeing and thrill seeking opportunities. An all-inclusive stay will usually include meals and beverages (non alcoholic). An advantage to a package deal is that your costs are locked and paid for before departure, this will ensure your expenses on the trip wont be outrageous and only minimum spending money will be needed. Before deciding on a package deal, consider whether the deal includes things you will get use out of, in some cases a package is unnecessary if you or your partner are not interested in the things offered. Discuss your interests with the travel agent; these professionals know what to look for in the travel industry they understand the needs of their customers and fit them with the most suitable vacations to suit their interests.
Cruises are often known as a hassle free vacation, they provide travelers to sight seeking opportunities and the experience of seeing surrounding islands. Cruise ships are equipped with all of the necessities and a bit more, bar, dinning, swimming, game rooms, casino, sun decks and entertainment. Some cruise ships are larger than others depending and your choice of ships will depend on your destination and time of year for travel. Cruise ship vacations are also required to be pre-paid before departure. This cost will include your accommodations, food etc and only a small amount of spending money will be required on the trip for personal convenience. You may want to ensure you have a bit more spending money should the ship (like most others) decide to dock at a few of the surrounding islands
Travel agent services are free to use, they earn their income on commission paid by the airlines, cruise lines and others. An experienced travel agent can help you save money, time, and aggravation in determining your travel needs. An experienced travel agent should be able to set all of your traveling plans for you. Ask around to get referrals from people you know, it is much easier to locate a good travel agent this way. Be sure to confirm your vacation details with the travel agent a month before the departure date to ensure all plans are as follows and no changes have taken place.
Ask your travel agent about travel documents, immunizations and visas when booking your holiday so you wont get any last minute surprises.
Budgeting your honeymoon-
The average couple spends between $3000.to $4500.on their honeymoon. Travel and stay duration will determines the largest expense. Obviously this is just an estimate and some couples may spend more money on their honeymoon than others, this will depend on your needs and expectations during the vacation. Travel style has a lot to do with the cost, some couples may prefer to spend more time on their honeymoon to have the time of their lives away from it all. These couples may want a more expensive luxurious hotel room; obviously this will bring the cost up a bit. Destinations vary greatly in cost depending on the time of year and the popularity of the resort.
Six(6) ways to save on your honeymoon costs-
- -Take advantages of package deals.
- -Travel during off-peek and off-season times of the year.
- -Stay away from major cities. Countrysides and smaller towns are more reasonable.
- -Consider a local destination.
- -Look into accommodations with a kitchen.
- -Consider areas of your honeymoon that you may want to spend more or less.
- -Take advantages of package deals.
Seven(7) tips on traveling-
More experienced travelers know the secrets in having a good trip. Travel light and travel loose, this will help make your traveling easier.
- -Pack what you need and dont exceed more than you have to. Packing light will help if you plan on bringing things home.
- -Bring along adapters for hairdryers with adjustable power supply surge controls etc. just incase your destination is not equipped with the luxuries you have at home.
- -Pack a carry on bag to hold your valuables and important documents and bring it onboard the airplane with you.
- -Once at the hotel lock your valuables, travel documents and money in a safe provided by the hotel.
- -Pack a basic first aid kit with accessories for minor injuries, sunburns etc.
- -If you suffer from motion sickness be sure to get a prescription from your doctor before you travel.
- -If you are traveling abroad, watch what you eat sometimes different foods can upset your stomach and become severe with the changes in water, climate and agricultural products.
For those who havent traveled very much, a tipping guideline may help. When leaving to go out for the day travel with $10-$20 in small change or bills. Remember when tipping that the amount should be based on the quality of service provided.
- Taxi driver: 15% of the fare and .25-.50 cents per bag.
- Limousine driver: 15% of the fare and .50 cents-$1.00 per bag.
- Porter: $1.00 per bag.
- Bellhop: .75 cents to $1.00 per bag.
- Doorman: .75 cents to $1.00 for hailing a taxi.
- Parking attendant: $1.00
- Wait-staff: 15-20% of the bill.
- Waiter on a meal plan: $5.00 a day.
- Wine steward: 5% of wine cost.
- Maitre d or captain: $5.-$10, depending on special treatment.
- Concierge: $2-$5.depending on the special service he or she performs for you (ticket arrangements and tours).
- Coat check: $1.00.
- Beach/pool attendant: $1.00 per day.
- Tour guide: $2-$4 per day, depending on what they do besides make up the room.
Check your bills before paying the tip, Some places will include a tip percentage in the overall price. This is only to be considered a guide when tipping. The choice on amount you choose to give as a tip will ultimately depend on what you deem to be excellent service and thus deserved.
Legal requirements -
Domestic destinations, a current drivers license and at least one other from of identification (usually a credit card) will be required for travel.
A passport will be needed as proof of identity to travel to foreign countries. If you do not have a valid passport you will need to apply for one at your local passport office. There is a fee and postage will often take a few weeks. Passport photos will be required. Most picture processing locations do passport pictures. The passport should be carried with you when traveling through the airports and across boarders. Remember, this document is very important and valuable so, keep it safe and locked up during your stay at the hotel destination.
When entering back home you will be asked to report goods bought and being brought back home. You will need to sign a declaration form; best to be honest and state the amount you are traveling with. Customs do sometimes search your belongings to confirm the accuracy of your declaration. Each person is allowed a dollar amount as tax free purchases made outside of their country or state. This differs depending on the state you live in. A written declaration will need to be filled out for each item and its value. If you are over your declaration amount a tax charge will be required for those items. When departing from your honeymoon try to be organized and pack all claims in the same baggage this will make things easier at customs when returning home. Do some research on customs and duty free procedures before you travel, this will ensure you will know exactly what is and is not allowed.
|< Prev||Next >|