The news of an engagement often come as a surprise for most, after the excitement, tears and warm congratulations, then comes the big question; when is the big day? As if you have had time to actually think of the details among all of your emotions and excitements.
Your engaged, what a warm wonderful life long dream it has been, wow. During this time you will be faced with emotions, anxiety and excitement. Spreading the news to close family members first is the number one priority on your mind. Along with your jitters will come relief from sharing the excitement with others.
"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
Providers! Get Noticed
Determining your Honeymoon Style and Package
Determining Your Honeymoon Style & Package
A honeymoon is the moment you and your spouse have been anxiously awaiting. It is the moment of passionate intimacy alone and away from it all. The wedding preparations, planning, migraines, yelling and all that other good stuff is now behind you and this relaxation and comfort with your love is well deserved. It is a fact that 98 percent of the couples who get married end their wedding night by taking off to a private place whether it be a hotel or straight to the airport, this is the beginning of a wonderful peaceful time alone with you and your new life long partner.
A honeymoon is often planned as a getaway for relaxation and romance; a honeymoon can be an escape to a nearby location or a far away destination. The trip can be a few days long but most commonly a week or two.
While the honeymoon is a planned decision between both parties to decide on, the groom is often the one who handles the finer details and finances.
When planning your honeymoon be sure to book in advance. Often, once the wedding date has been set it is a good time to book your holiday to ensure you get the travel time and destination you hope for. Depending on the time of year, travel may in some cases be busier then others, this can interfere with your travel plans, therefore, planning and booking your vacation early will allow your plans to run along smoothly.
During winter and early spring, ski resorts and sunshine spots will be in there high season, travelers often decide to get away during these times of the year and so booking early will ensure you of a hassle free arrangement. During these seasons you will find yourself paying high peak prices as well. Summer months are more economical and accommodations are easily found, rates during this season are commonly reduced by as much as 50 percent. When considering your wedding date and your budget, its worth it to consider the advantages of an off-season month or time of year.
Determine your honeymoon style-
Honeymoons can range from a peaceful romantic getaway to a tropical location or an exotic thrill seeking adventure. For most couples a bit of both sets the ideal destination, tropical resorts offer the romance, entertainment, and most offer exciting thrill seeking adventure as well. Couples with specific interests or hobbies book their travel destination with this in mind. A honeymoon however, is not a vacation to satisfy one person. When booking, consider whether you and your partner will enjoy the activities that seem interesting to you. Travel books can help you get an idea of destinations and what to expect from the resorts in those locations.
Answering some of these questions together may help you decide on the ideal trip-
- Travel sickness?
- Adapt easily to new surroundings?
- Adapt easily to new cultures, food & atmosphere?
- Dietary or medical problems?
- Do we enjoy warm or cool climates?
- What do we find romantic?
- Enjoy sleeping in large hotels or small charming guest houses?
- What is enjoyed though the day, spots, recreation, scuba diving, relaxation?
- What is enjoyed in the evening, entertainment, dinning, evening walks?
- How private would you like your vacation to be form others?
- Do you prefer an all inclusive or pay as you go with no restrictions?
- What type of a budget can we afford?
Honeymoon destination packages-
Most travel destinations can provide you with a honeymoon package which differ between resorts. Honeymoon packages are provided to ensure a less stressful and more economical vacation. Packages often include site seeing and thrill seeking opportunities.
All-inclusive stay includes meals and beverages (non alcoholic). An advantage to a package deal is that your costs are locked and paid for before departure, this, will ensure your expenses on the trip wont be outrageous and only minimum spending money will be needed. Before deciding on a package deal, consider whether the deal includes things you will get use out of, in some cases a package is unnecessary if you or your partner are not interested in the things offered. Discuss your interests with your travel agent; these professionals know what to look for in the travel industry they understand the needs of their customers and fit them with the most suitable vacation to suit their interests.
Cruises are often known as a hassle free vacation, they provide travelers with sight seeking opportunities and give them the opportunity of seeing surrounding islands. Cruise ships are equipped with all necessities, bar, dinning, swimming, game rooms, casino, sun decks and entertainment. Some cruise ships are larger then others depending on the destination. Cruise ship vacations are another trip that has to be paid for before departure this cost will include your accommodations, food etc. and only a small amount of spending money will be required on the trip for personal convenience unless the ship in question is stationed with shopping conveniences and memorabilia in which case, more in pocket money may provide an added convenience to you.
Travel agent services are free to use, they earn their income on commission paid by the airlines, cruise lines and others. An experienced travel agent can help you save money, time, and aggravation in determining your travel needs. An experienced travel agent should be able to set all of your traveling plans for you. Ask around to get referrals from people you know, it is much easier to locate a good travel agent this way. Be sure to confirm your vacation details with the travel agent a month before the departure date to ensure all plans are as follows and no changes have taken place.
Ask your travel agent about travel documents, immunizations and visas when booking your holiday so you wont get any last minute surprises.
Budgeting your honeymoon-
The average couple spends between $4000. to $5500. on their honeymoon. Travel and stay duration determines the largest expenses. Obviously this is just an estimate and some couples may spend more money on their honeymoon than others, this depends on your needs and expectations during the vacation. Travel style has a lot to do with the cost, some prefer to spend more time on their honeymoon suite. For these individuals a luxurious hotel room makes for a more suitable stay, obviously this will bring the cost up a bit. Destinations vary greatly on time of year and the popularity of the resorts to determine the rates charged.
Ways to save on your honeymoon costs-
- Take advantages of package deals.
- Travel during off-peek and off-season time of year.
- Stay away from major cities. Countrysides and smaller towns are more reasonable.
- Consider a local destination.
- Look into accommodations with a kitchen.
- Consider areas of your honeymoon that you may want to spend more or less.
Tips on traveling-
More experienced travelers know the secrets in having a good trip, travel light and travel loose, this will help make your traveling easy.
- Pack what you need and dont exceed more then you have to. Packing light will help if you plan on bringing things home.
- Bring along adapters for hair dryers etc. incase your destination is not equipped with the luxuries you have at home.
- Pack a carry on bag to hold your valuables and important documents. Be sure to keep it close to you at all times while traveling.
- Once at the hotel lock your valuables, travel documents and money in a secure safe provided by the hotel.
- Pack a basic first aid kit with accessories for minor injuries, sunburns etc.
- Travellers cheques are better to travel with than cash. Bring only a small amount of cash on you when venturing outside of your resort, hotel or accommodation.
- If you suffer from motion sickness be sure to get a prescription from your doctor before you travel.
- If you are traveling abroad, watch what you eat sometimes different foods can upset your stomach and become severe by changes of water, climate and agricultural products.
For those who havent traveled very much, a tipping guideline may help. When leaving to go out for the day travel with $10-$20 in small change or bills as stated before if larger amounts of cash is needed use travellers cheque to avoid yourself the pain of inconvenient financial frustrations. Remember when tipping that the amount should be based on the quality of service provided.
- Taxi driver: 15% of the fare and .25-.50 cents per bag.
- Limousine driver: 15% of the fare and .50 cents-$1.00 per bag.
- Porter: $1.00 per bag.
- Bellhop: .75 cents to $1.00 per bag.
- Doorman: .75 cents to $1.00 for hailing a taxi.
- Parking attendant: $1.00
- Wait-staff: 15-20% of the bill.
- Waiter on a meal plan: $5.00 a day.
- Wine steward: 5% of wine cost.
- Maitre d or captain: $5.-$10, depending on special treatment.
- Concierge: $2-$5. depending on the special service he or she performs for you (ticket arrangements and tours).
- Coat check: $1.00.
- Beach/pool attendant: $1.00 per day.
- Tour guide: $2-$4 per day, depending on what they do besides make up the room.
Check your bills before paying the tip, some places include a tip percentage in the overall price.
Legal requirements -
Domestic destinations, a current drivers licenses and at least one other form of identification (usually a credit card) will be required for travel.
A passport will be needed as proof of identity to travel to foreign countries, if you do not have a valid passport you will need to apply for one at your local passport office. There is a fee and postage of the passport will take a few weeks. Passport photos will be required. Most picture processing locations do passport pictures. The passport should be carried with you when traveling through the airports and across boarders, this document is very important and valuable so keep it safe and locked up during your stay at the hotel destination.
When entering back home you will be asked to report goods bought and being brought back home. You will need to sign a declaration form; best to be honest and state the amount you are traveling with. Customs do sometimes search your belongings to confirm the accuracy of your declaration. Each person is allowed a certain amount of dollars as tax free purchases in some countries, this differs depending on the state you live. A written declaration will need to be filled out for each item and its value, if you are over your declaration amount a tax charge will be required for those items. When departing from your honeymoon try to be organized and pack all claims in the same baggage this will make things easier at customs when returning home. Do some research on customs and duty free procedures before you travel so you know exactly what is allowed.
|< Prev||Next >|