"To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage."
Providers! Get Noticed
Ways to Save on Your Reception
Your Reception Site
The location for dining, fun and warm speaches. This will also be a location to capture some great memorable moments so appearance is of the highest expectation for most weddings.
Here are seven great tips on ways to save on your reception cost without having to compromise on location, quality and service.
- Investigate your "dream" location. It maybe more reasonable than you think, and it doesn't cost to enquire.
- Time and date of your affair can cut cost dramamticaly.
Weekday events are less expensive than if it was to be held on a weekend. If the weekend is required for the event you may want to ask about a package discount offer from the location.
- Time of year for the event plays a big part in the cost you will need to pay out. Summer and holiday seasons are among the highest.
Buffet style dinners will cut catering cost and add to your guests convenience in being selective however, being a buffet the variety needed for a tasty display can rake in it's own cost. You may want to base this one on the amount of guests to be present and calculate the better alternative
- To save cost on liquir, limit open bar service to one hour of cocktails and serve wine/champagne with dinner
- Always take note of the "escalation clause" when booking far in advance. Most places will reserve the right toraise quoted prices in accordance with the latest Consumer Price Index at the time of final payment. Try to negotiate a solid ceiling price
- Avoid budget busting menu items. Certain food items can be very expensive to your budget. Some examples are seafood, beef and exotic dishes. Chicken is the most offordable and is universialy eaten however, seafood pastas will allow you to serve seafood at a lower than average cost for thse choosy guests.
- Create your own center pieces, bombinairs, seating cards and other small décor details. Get your family involved during the rehersal to take part in preparing some of the important do-it-yourself items.
|< Prev||Next >|